District 95 Educational Foundation’s
BEARS ON A COLOR RUN
October 1, 2017
Check-in: Begins at 9:00am
Location: LZ High School
We are very excited you will be joining us at the District 95 Educational Foundation’s Color Run. The route is about 1 mile in length and you are free to walk or run the course. This event is all about having fun and raising funds for educational opportunities for our students!
Here are a few details you should know before the event:
- Plan to arrive between 9am-9:35am!
- Early arrival to ensure time for parking and check-in.
- Entrance to LZHS parking lot will close by 9:45am for the safety of the participants.
- New this year – there will be a drop-off / pickup lane at the PAC lot entrance.
- Check-in will be located in the connecting road between the Main Parking Lots and the PAC Parking Lot (near the LZHS Greenhouse).
- When you check-in you will receive your t-shirt for the event and a pair of eye glasses. (Note: it is highly recommended participants wear protective eyewear.)
- After check-in you will receive your color-coded wristband (this determines the group you will run with.) The run will go off in waves by wristband color.
- The Starting Line, Finish Line, Sponsor Tents and Participant Hang-out areas are in the PAC parking lot. There will be no parking in the PAC lot.
- The Color Run is scheduled to begin at 10:00am and will end at approximately 11:30am.
PLEASE NOTE: Only pre-registered runners may participate. We cannot register additional participants the day of the event (we buy the paint based on the number of participants)
Important Parking Info:
- Park in the lower parking lot by the baseball fields at the high school. If possible, carpool if you can. IMPORTANT: The entrance to this lot will be closed at 9:45am for the safety of the participants.
- Overflow parking is available in the main parking lot of May Whitney.
- Cars wishing to exit the senior lot prior to the end of the event (about 11:30am) will only be able to exit going north on Midlothian.
What to Wear?
- All participants will receive a Color Run T-shirt and sunglasses.
- Although the color is washable, wear something that you won’t mind having residual color on!
- Think about getting into your car at the end of the race! Having a towel or plastic bag available to sit on in your car will help keep the color on the participant and not in the car.
Other Important Notes:
- There will be no access to the High School or May Whitney buildings for Color Run participants or observers.
- Color distribution is restricted to the designated Color Run route.
- Spectators are welcome! You may hang-out in the PAC main event area or you may line yourself up near the parking lot by the baseball fields to cheer participants on!
The Foundation would like to extend its gratitude to you for your participation in this fun, colorful event. The Foundation is a 501(c)3 organization that raising funds and provides resources for additional innovations that empower every learner in District 95 to achieve personal excellence.
A Special Thank You To Our Color Run Supporters:
We would also like to thank our generous sponsors, the CUSD95 Administration, the LZHS, and our many volunteers for helping to make this event possible.
Our Event Sponsors:
- Advocate Good Shepherd
- Sandra Frampton, @ properties
- Lumin Optical
- Hallmark Promotions
- The Tutoring Center of Long Grove
- A. M. Woodland
- PMG Wealth Management
- Guaranteed Rate
- Hawthorn Woods Family Dental Care
- Total Fitness Studio
- Village Dental Center
All registrations must be received
by Monday, September 18th, so don’t delay!