Joanie’s Closet is a committee under
the District 95 Educational Foundation
that serves under-resourced District 95
students and their families,
in collaboration with the community,
by providing basic needs to help students
achieve their full potential.
Here are some of the ways Joanie’s Closet helps District 95 students:
- School supplies
- Clothing, underwear, socks, shoes, boots,
- Winter coats, hats, and gloves
- Snacks and breakfast foods provided to the school nurse for hungry students
- Snacks for under-resourced students for after school programs
- Emergency groceries, grocery and gas cards
- Household necessities
How do I ask for help? Contact your school nurse or social worker if your family needs assistance from Joanie’s Closet. Each school has a Joanie’s Closet PTO representative. This representative can service requests (anonymously) from the school principal, social worker, or nurse. Requests are kept confidential.
How do I donate to Joanie’s Closet? Joanie’s Closet is always in need of financial contributions. Please consider making a personal monetary donation to Joanie’s Closet; your contributions will truly help those here within our own District 95 family.
Contributions can be sent to:
c/o School District 95 Educational Foundation
832 S. Old Rand Road
Lake Zurich, IL 60047
Checks can be made payable to: School District 95 Educational Foundation and indicate Joanie’s Closet in the memo line. Donations are tax deductible and also qualify for corporate matching.
How else can I support Joanie’s Closet?
- Attend our annual Parent-Child Valentine’s Dance fundraiser
- Become a Valentine’s Dance sponsor or donate a raffle basket for the dance
- Donate school supplies – watch here for more information about specific supplies and donation drop off locations, coming soon!
How did Joanie’s Closet start? Joanie’s Closet was founded in the spirit of May Whitney Elementary School’s long time nurse, Joanie Bednarz, who passed away unexpectedly in August of 2005. Joanie was well known for her humanitarianism and generosity, especially toward May Whitney families in need. Joanie’s Closet is a Committee under the School District 95 Educational Foundation, a 501(c)(3) organization.