In an effort to promote the wonderful work District 95 learners do for others, the Foundation partnered with the District and PTO’s/service organizations at EVERY school to coordinate an Innaugural “D95 Gives Back” Initiative in honor of National Volunteer Week April 7-13.
The efforts were amazing! Check out what each school did during that week:
- Spencer Loomis raised over $1,000, collected over 100 lbs of supplies, and made over 1,000 dog toys for Orphans of the Storm!
- Sarah Adams collected toiletry items for Alpine Chapel Food Pantry!
- Seth Paine had a PJs and Pantry Day, to collect items for Alpine Chapel!
- MSS had a pie in the face fundraiser for the Anthony Rizzo Foundation!
- MSN had a WEEK of activities, including an Inclusion Fusion book fair at Barns & Noble, assembled care kits for families dealing with craniofacial differences, hosted guest speaker Peter Dankelson, a senior in high school with craniofacial differences, and raised awareness and funds during the school play “Wonder” for the Children’s Craniofacial Association (CCA). WOW!
- LZHS’ Interact Club organized card making for Silverado Assisted Memory Care!
- May Whitney held a PJs & Pantry day for St. Francis!
- Isaac Fox held a “Read to Feed” event, that raised $5,300 for Heifer International! Check out this Tribune article HERE to read more! AMAZING!